Introduction
Welcome to my film studies blog, my name is Marty and I have been tasked with creating a screenplay or a short film. I will use this blog to document my progress and planning for this short film. I plan for this film to be around 6-10 minutes long with a screenplay with equal pages to minutes. I have some experience in short film making already that I have done independently and hope to use what I have already learnt to help carry out this task. Although I am mostly interested in more coming-of-age genre films I think that I might try something new such as a more drama-based film because the medium of short film seems to capture short concentrated moments of suspense better than other forms of film. I know this from what short films I have seen so far (Operator, Over) which are able to focus on short but intense moments of drama that wouldn't get that much focus in a full length feature film. However, I am yet to fully see what other genres work best with short film so my idea might still change. -Marty
Good first post, Marty. What experience have you already had with short filmmaking? What have you already learned that you would like to develop through this project?
ReplyDelete